<this is the heading banner – set via row editing>

Contact Us

Head Office

Australian Refugee Association
Ann St (Corner of Commercial Rd)
Salisbury SA 5108

Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm

08 8354 2951


Western Outreach

Care Works
114 Henley Beach Road
Torrensville SA 5033

Tuesday and Friday 9am – 5pm

08 8354 2951


Southern Outreach

887 Marion Road
Mitchell Park SA 5043

Wednesday 9am – 4.30pm

08 8354 2951


Make an Enquiry

Click to find out more about overseas enquires

We are sorry but the Australian Refugee Association is not able to directly assist with offshore (overseas) enquiries. We provide support and advice to refugees and migrants in Australia.

All refugees and migrants who want to come to Australia have to apply for a visa from the Australian Government, and there are three different ways people can come to Australia as a refugee:
1) the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) can refer a person to be resettled to Australia
2) a family member can sponsor a person, or
3) a member of the Australian community can sponsor a person.

The Australian Government assesses all applications and decides who will get a visa. The Australian Refugee Association does not assess applications and we do not issue visas. Only the Australian Government can do this.

Every year, the Australian Government decides how many people it will take from overseas. There are many more people who want to come to Australia than are accepted. Even if people are accepted by Australia, it can take years for this to happen.

The Refugee Council has more information about this process: https://www.refugeecouncil.org.au/resettling-in-australia/2/

If you have a family member or friend who lives in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen and wants to sponsor you, please encourage them to book an appointment with us so that we can advise them about what options they may have to assist you.
We assist sponsors in Australia but do not organise sponsorship for people offshore.

If you wish to engage an Australian Migration Agent who does operate offshore, please refer to Office of Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA) website https://www.mara.gov.au/

The Australian Government has more information about this process: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/who-can-help-with-your-application/using-a-migration-agent

If you do not have a family member or friend in Australia that wants to sponsor you, please contact refugee support organisations that operate closer to your location. They will have more expertise about resources in your area and may be able to advise on your case.

You can find refugee support organisations in your area in the link below. Click on the link and scroll down to find the list of countries, then choose the country you live in or a country near to you.


We hope this information helps you.

Skip to content