Senior Manager – Corporate Services
The Australian Refugee Association Inc. (ARA) is a community-based organisation providing settlement, migration and other forms of assistance to refugees, migrants and other people of concern. As a member of our team, you will be supporting new arrivals in South Australia to achieve their social, economic and community participation goals. You will be making a difference in the lives of individuals and families as they re-establish themselves in a new home.
ARA is seeking a Senior Manager – Corporate Services to oversee Corporate Services functions of the organisation as well as manage all aspects of Human Resources within the organisation.
The Senior Manager – Corporate Services will be responsible for:
- Supervision of a small corporate services team including finance and administration staff
- Financial reporting and management of organisational budget, cash flow and financial plans and projections
- Management of all aspects of personnel (staff review processes, employment conditions, inductions etc)
- Development and implementation of financial management, and personnel management policies, systems, and procedures
- Ensuring organisational compliance with financial bodies, regulatory Human Resource bodies and relevant legislative and reporting requirements
- Responsible for organisation’s WHS including policies and procedures
- Responsible for building maintenance and the management of the leased property.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications commensurate to the role (Finance, Accounting, Human Resource)
- A minimum of seven years experience in a senior leadership or management role
- Demonstrated financial management and accounting skills in an organisational context
- Sound record keeping, financial analysis and report writing skills
- Ability to operate strategically and problem solve, support and understand challenges at the operational level
- Commitment to actively work as part of an executive leadership team
- Experience leading, motivating and mentoring staff
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- An understanding of relevant statutory requirements and relevant legislation (Australian Service Excellence Standards, ACNC, EO, OH&S, Workers Compensation, Residential Tenancy)
The successful candidate must have :
- Valid South Australian Police Clearance and
- Working with Children Check (or be willing to obtain before commencement of employment)
- A current Australian Driver’s Licence
The benefits of working with ARA include:
- Access to salary packaging options to increase your take home pay.
- Being part of a diverse, inclusive and positive work culture.
- Opportunities to make a real difference in the lives of people with a refugee background.
This is a part time (0.8FTE) position until June 2024 classified above award, senior management level with salary to be negotiated with the successful candidate. The primary location for this role will be at the ARA Salisbury Office.
If you meet the criteria and are interested in this role, please provide a covering letter addressing the position description, along with your resume and the contact details of three referees.
For more detail about the responsibilities and personal criteria for the role of Senior Manager – Corporate Services, please view the Position Description on the right.
Applications close 9 am Monday 31 May 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and it is anticipated that this will occur by Wednesday 9 June 2021.
Enquiries about the role should be directed to the CEO email@example.com.
Applications can be made by email to the Corporate Services Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
ARA is committed to equal employment opportunity. Members of the CALD Community are strongly encouraged to apply.