Our mission is to help refugees become settled and participating citizens of Australia. Our vision is an Australia where refugees are an integral part of a thriving, prosperous community.
Our team works on various visa applications for clients within Australia who are looking to propose and sponsor their families located offshore. At ARA, we value and understand the importance of family reunification and the importance of having access to migration advice during the settlement process.
ARA supports people to best choose the visa that is best for their circumstance whilst providing information to help understand the visa application process. We assist with various humanitarian and family stream visa applications including:
1. Offshore Humanitarian Visa
2. Partner Visa – including spouse, de-facto and prospective marriage visa
3. Child Visa – including adoption or orphan visa
4. Parent Visa – including contributory parent and aged parent visa
5. Other family Visa – including last remaining relative, carer, aged dependent relative visa
6. Split family Visa
7. Family Sponsored Visitor Visa
We also assist individuals with Citizenship applications and potential employers with business, skilled and working visas.
ARA also hosts Community Information Sessions for groups of people wishing to sponsor friends and family overseas. We explain the various visas available, and the required documentation for the different visas.
To inquire about accessing migration advice, please contact the ARA Migration Team on (08) 8354 2951, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Support Program (CSP)
ARA is an Approved Proposing Organization under the Department of Home Affairs Community Support Program (CSP). The CSP enables communities, business owners, families and individuals to propose humanitarian applicants with employment prospects, and support them in their settlement journey in Australia. To be considered for the program, the Australian proposer must demonstrate their ability to adequately support the new arrivals to achieve finial self-sufficiency within their first year of settlement in Australia.
The Australian Refugee Association is one of 11 APOs appointed by the Department of Home Affairs. ARA will deliver services in accordance with the obligations set by the Department of Home Affairs. We strive to achieve the best outcomes for our clients and will assist the Australia Supporter wherever necessary to enhance the chances of success. As an APO, ARA will work alongside the Australian proposer to provide the required settlement services to new arrivals, to ensure they meet the self-sufficiency requirements of their first year in Australia.
Our role includes the following:
• linking employers with prospective humanitarian applicants;
• providing migration support and preparing application for lodgement, lodging visa applications, and liaising with the Department of Home Affairs;
• ensuring the provision and management of settlement services following arrival in Australia; and
• assisting entrants to become financially independent within the first 12 months of arrival.
To learn more about this program, please visit https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/refu/offs/community-support-programme
ARA hosts regular CSP information sessions. o register your attendance for any of our information sessions, or inquire about the program, please contact the ARA Migration Team on (08) 8354 2951, or email us at email@example.com
Copyright Australian Refugee Association 2018